PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Age 70 for international pilots?
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2010, 21:30
ExSp33db1rd

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
CptnJoao

Nicely put. The only way to get experience is by experience.

I was promoted to command after 16 years, and shortly afterwards noticed that one of my old (!! relatively of course ) Captains had just retired at the then Company compulsory age of 55, and wrote to wish him well and added my thanks for all the tips and hints that he had passed on to me during the many flights I had experienced with him over the years.

I got an almost emotional reply to the effect that he valued my letter far more than the Politically Correct ( tho' the term hadn't been invented then ) bullsh*t and sentimentality from the Management. ( he should be so lucky, I never even got that ! I sometimes wonder if 'they' even realise that I've gone, 'cept of course 'they've' stopped paying me ! )

Best of luck, it's the best job in the World. ( tho' if I were still flying I'd probably be in jail now, courtest of the US TSA, there's no way I could keep my mouth shut and put up with the cr*p you all have to endure everyday, just to do your job, once a year on holiday is hard enough to take )