PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Paris crash, questions, facts, opinions
Old 14th Sep 2010, 21:28
ChristiaanJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
robert f jones,
Too much "conspiracy stuff", not enough hard facts, and IMHO, not enough logical thinking from your part.

Originally Posted by robert f jones
My point, you may have missed, is you NEVER shut down an engine on fire below 1000 ft agl if it is producing thrust. No twice thinking, no time, just rule of life.
You obviously missed MY point... I already said I agreed. But not shutting down the engine would not have made the slightest difference to the final outcome.

bjornhall - your posts :
"An aircraft was overweight...not a factor". Probably not on all engines (illegal of course) but significent with an engine out.
"out of trim ?" BEA report, albeit marginally.
"taking off downwind". After receiving the ATC wind check, no comment on the CVR, read the BEA report. In my opinion the 3rd factor, and probably most significent in the accident. Also probably outside Flight Manual limits and therefore illegal.
All of these factors influenced the exact final location where the aircraft crashed.... they were not at the origin of the crash... again, as I said already.

Back to Christian. Are you saying that after 2 mins the aircraft crashed due to structural failure from fire damage ? My reading of the report was that they had to reduce power on the two good engines to reduce bank.
Read again....
For about half a dozen reasons, once the fire started, the aircraft rapidly became incontrollable.

The aircraft stalled, hence no forward motion. Small point, but had it flown a little further it would probably not killed people on the ground.
Quite, and that's now been stated for dozens of times.
If one of all those secondary factors, that everybody loves to quote, had not occured, the aircraft would probably not have crashed on the hotel.
So where would it have crashed? Maybe on the A1 motorway? On the turn towards Le Bourget? There are people living there too, you know..... At Le Bourget? Nice choice of buildings and hangars there too.... unlikely that by that time they still could have aimed for the runway.

Quite frankly, Roger. Concentrate on what happened, not on the endless "what ifs" that are not really relevant.

It will be interesting to hear the result of the Judicial review.
Quite what do you expect from that? Reality?

CJ