PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ezy cancel flights due to crew shortage
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2002, 17:55
Rufrix Heavywash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flanker,

The hiring of (sometimes dubious) F/Os as captains may well have been a short lived and misguided policy but the fact remains that many got in. In fact, I suspect many are still there – where else could they go ?. Indeed some are probably now in positions of authority. It is worrying enough that they are in charge of a commercial jet aircraft let alone in a position where they are tasked with the selection, training and promotion of others.

I have nothing against EJ as such. However, just like many others in the mainstream industry, I find the recent chest puffing posturing of some people in the Low Cost sector tedious, arrogant and short sighted. In a recent interview, the boss of Ryanair admitted that any serious accident in the Low Cost sector could well bring the whole thing crashing down. What would happen if such an accident could be partly or wholly attributable to the recruitment policies of the likes of easyJet. And lets face it – we all know that one of the LCA’s is going to have a crash sooner or later.