PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 14th Sep 2010, 20:37
iranair777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hiya all, I'm currently 19, just finished off my a levels and was about to start uni doing a pilot studies course until it hit me how much it was actually going to cost (although I probably could have continued with the amount I had already). I've decided to take a gap year and find some work (which hasnt been successful) to gain experience. mainly cause i had social anxiety until around a year ago and havent got any, if at all, experience in anything. I have now started contemplating joining the RAF to become a pilot as I don't really mind how I become any type of pilot as long as I am in the air and around aircraft. I know it might sound like I havent done research into all the options, but I have and at the moment the RAF is sounding like a really suitable choice for me, but what I'm worried about is the physicals and am worried about failing the many steps (other than physical, as I can run 1.5 miles in less than 10 mins) involved in becoming a pilot within the RAF. Anyone got any advice and information on well anything within the pilots training within the raf? Also how would it fit with someone who hasn't had much social experiences but is willing to start fresh?