PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VMO to MMO
Thread: VMO to MMO
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2010, 20:27
bio161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLEASE help me guys!

I can not get it. Static pressure does not change with temperature as density does?
If i have an increase in temperature i will (at least i think) have for sure a decrease in density and pressure because the air becomes less dense!..So why the MACH is not connected to temperature and density??

The formula of the MACH it self includes the temperature parameter (MACH = TAS / LSS which includes the temperature expressed in kelvin). So if i fly at a given level with a relative lower temperature than usual i should get a given MACH number earlier...or am i missing (for sure..) something?

My personal guessing has always been that the change over to MACH from a given IAS is not at a fixed level but changes continuosly according to the actual temperature of the atmosphere. So if it´s colder than usual it will happen at a lower level and if it´s higher than usual it will come at a higher level. But i have the feeling, after reading these posts, i´m saying a lot of nonsense ..

Thanks mates for your help! I´m really crashing my head against the wall to find the explanation!
bio161