PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 14th Sep 2010, 17:48
jetzdrvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
non0,

it all depends on where you live. If in the US. You are allowed up to 94,000 a year tax free and you deduct out of that any days you spend in the US. Also, you have to be a bonnafind resident is I think is what they call it. You can really check it out yourself on the IRS website.

for all those that have interviews coming up, where is your interview?

Mine was in Miami. 5 out of 9 guys failed the written and I have no sympathy for them whatsoever, you come unprepared and this is what you get. Study the Ace the Pilot interview book and you will be fine. A lot of ICAO questions. Make sure you know length in meter or at least how to convert.

As far as the HR, make sure you know a lot about QR and their history. And you can find it all online. I was actually surprised to find out they have won the best cabin award 6 years in a row. And they are proud of many of their awards. Also answer honestly. They asked me what is something I have done that I should have delegated to somone else, and what is a mistake I made on a checkride. Well all make mistakes what they want to know is what have you learned from a mistake you made.

The sim ride was in an A320 and it was ok other than the A320 does not have chevrons for the power setting. I am not sure if they have an A330 in Miami. I am used to placing the throttle by looking at the chevrons. I bought the ADD ON for FS X Airbus Series volume 2 A330/340. That was more than enough to get me ready even though they put me in an A320 sim. The only difference was the power settings. They even asked me on the interview what I did to prepare for interview and I told them.

I think it took about 2.5 weeks to tell me that they have selcted me, it's a weird letter saying they have selected you but need to finalize some paper. than a week after that they sent me an offer letter to sgin and send back to them.

I ve read all the posts over here and talk to pilots that work there. Both 777 and A320 pilots. It's not as bad as some pilots make it out to be on this forum.