PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2010, 13:29
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyman - I'm interested in whether you actually want MME to recover. You seem to take a curious pleasure in remininding everyone how bad things are as often as you can, which achieves what exactly?
All this site needs is another “thread hopper” looking at matters through rose tinted glasses, from somewhere on the South Coast.
In response I care about all the airports in the North East, as in general the level of services offered is falling away, though much more so at DTV to the South of the region.
I at no time whatsoever indicated that I want any business to fail that would be stupid & irresponsible. However having been involved in many business over the years then accountability is a major factor, you do well & achieve results then you receive the accolades Make a complete mess and you take the criticism, though more importantly positive steps need to be demonstrated that issues are being addressed, they do not go away by ignoring them.
The real world is that barring public service organizations, then business exist to make profit, those that don’t can’t continue indefinitely. What is the point of ignoring this, as in always “treating the glass as half full”?
Accepted that motivation is an element of any success as is team building, but where has this manifested itself in any significant level historically at DTV?
Finally business such airports don’t fail on their own, there are many complex & unfortunately political factors, however those individuals that have accepted the responsibility, taken the money & other benefits are accountable, that they have largely escaped with their reputations in tact justifies many of my earlier postings.
I wish VAS every success, that as yet there would appear to be little to seize upon doesn’t necessitate that one should remain silent.