PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 14th Sep 2010, 13:19
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Spearmint-R33
So 5 months ago, out went the booze and crap foods. Off came 11Kg in weight and the running got a hell of a lot easier. 11 weeks ago, half way through my new regime I was running the 1.5mile in 11mins 12secs, I now do it in 9mins 45secs. I'm still cracking out 60 press ups in a minute if I push my self and around 45 sit-ups so I know I've dropped the right kind of weight.
Spot on Spearmint. My comfortable weight is around 82kg but my racing weight a long time ago in my early 30s was 69kg.

A doc once gave me some dietary advice as I was up to around 89kg in my early 20s. He started by asking what I had for breakfast - it totalled near 3500 calories - after lunch, tea and dinner, a few pints of the amber nectar rounded off the day. He gave me a traffic light calorie sheet and told me I should cut back to 1000 cal per day.

It was hard but it worked.

I no longer take sugar in drinks. I do not drink sugary drinks. I do not add salt to my food.

So Spuk, in your own hands be it - just keep the food out of your hands.