PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 14th Sep 2010, 12:17
Spearmint-R33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spuk87, you have 5 weeks to get that time down. Use it wisely.

I thought I was fit before I started with my training for a Wannabe WSOp what with station circuits 3 times a week, being a boxercise instructor and the odd run. I was also quite comfortable with my running although when I realised just how fit you had to be (55(R)Sqn was a real eye opener!) just to get noticed I soon changed my regime.

So 5 months ago, out went the booze and crap foods. Off came 11Kg in weight and the running got a hell of a lot easier. 11 weeks ago, half way through my new regime I was running the 1.5mile in 11mins 12secs, I now do it in 9mins 45secs. I'm still cracking out 60 press ups in a minute if I push my self and around 45 sit-ups so I know I've dropped the right kind of weight. My Wife appreciates it as well!

So just get out there and get running. Plot a 1 mile route to a hill which takes you a minute to get up it, jog there and sprint up the hill 10x then jog back. Go for nice long runs as well to build up your stamina so you do have something in reserve when called for on short distance runs.

Find a running track and run laps around it at a 1min 32sec pace. Try 1x lap, 30 sec rest - 2x lap, 30 sec rest - 4x lap, 30 sec pace then 6x lap, collapse.

If you want to pass hard enough you will put the effort in. Best of luck.