PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2010, 10:16
captainbirdseye9999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just dont understand how an airline that claims it "the biggest and best in europe" can be so shortsighted.I can imagine PB now breathing a sigh of relief now that the summer is almost over,"we got away with it,again!".This company appears to run on a week-by-week basis,maybe even day-to-day (most likely)
Everyone i have spoken to knows at least 2 people who are leaving,indeed,speaking to a couple of Captains the other day that have been here 10+ years,they are going to go to an Emirates road show "for a look see"!! I dont know what PB plan was with that rubbish memo....18 peple are leaving! bul s**t,this company literaly has no respect for its workforce and just assumes we are thick!!believe it or not,i think Airline pilots might fall under the category of "slightly inteligent" as opposed to some jumped up farm boy who thinks hes running a fleet of combines in some bog ridden back end of ireland.

I hear on the grapevine that a UK operator is about to put in an order with Boeing for a large amount of 73NGs also with VS Blue and others buying up airframes at a great rate (no wonder MOL cant get a "deal",real airlines are buying them all!) i suspect that a type rated FO with 1000+ hours is going to be in a great position over the next year or so....he may get his wish,Cabin crew might have to sit in the right seat!!!
And the crazy thing is,it would only take a few small things to make this place a little better,5/4 in all bases,some kind of seniority type list as far as base requests go,NOT PUTTING DIRECT ENTRY CONTRACT CAPTAINS WHERE THEY WANT TO GO!! and giving us an easier/transparent leave system (at the moment its more covert than the bloody SAS!)

Good luck.