PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Emirates AV College Bad !
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2010, 08:25
bala_murali

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Is Emirates AV College Bad !

Hi there guys

I have enrolled for the the flight dispatcher course in emirates aviation college for this October batch . I saw the previous post by barnboy (third post from the last) and was baffled.

I would be paying the fee for processing the visa in 4 days time and the total course fee in 7 days time. I dont know anybody who has finished this course from emirates aviation college but general feedback of one to two students who have attended the other course was good( met them online ) i got from emirates aviation college was good . The name emirates and jeppesen also added to the reputation .
I am from India. i did my bachelors degree in electrical and electronics engineering and 2 years of work experience in Dell computer.As eveybody said sheffield school of aeronatics is really great . But at the end of the day with an FAA license what can i do ? even if i find a job opening in USA ( which i very difficult first of all ) there is no way i can get a work permit from the government. FAA license is not recognized in India and there is also no way to convert it ( checked it out from dispatcher working for paramount airways , India ). I did hear that FAA license it accepted by singapore airlines and lufthansa ,but this usually is the case when the airlines send people to train in sheffield or any faa authorized school . i heard that having an FAA license and applying for the job on an individual bases would not work .
From speaking to some flight operation professional here i found that generally getting a job as a dispatcher is very difficult and in India there is no DGCA authorized dispatch training itself . So considering India there is no place to train also .So my only choice was emirates aviation college ,Dubai.From my research i found that the chances in Dubai are also slim but there is atleast a chance, compared to other countries.
Barnboys feedback on emirates was very shocking . i would like to know some more feedback regarding emirates aviation college training and the possiblity of an OJT in Dubai from some of the guys who have trained in emirates aviation college . Your suggestion and opinions would greatly help me in my decision making guys . Please let me know your experince in EMIRATES AVIATION COLLEGE .
Lastly i like to know why Barnboy who is from America chose emirates aviation college in dubai when there are indefinete number of option in USA itself ?? .Thanks a million for your time . its much appreciated !