PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2010, 02:02
Jimmy Recard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aus111c,

I've been doing some flying lessons and have done one aerobatic flight so far out of about 10 hours (I think around the 7 hour mark). Just did some basic manoeuvres inc. barrel rolls, loops and hammerheads and to be honest I've been much more sketchy at times flying circuits and when it gets a bit rough/windy due to my inexperience. Personally I would feel much more confident going to FSP having done some actual lessons, done a few hours in the circuit, made some radio calls, learnt some checklists, etc. - just getting used to the environment and the types of procedures you will be using. I thought I would have no problems with this sort of thing but I have found you very quickly run out of brainspace in an unfamiliar environment when trying to do a number of new things simultaneously. The aero stuff was relatively easy compared to all that and I'd be happy to go to FS without having done any if I couldn't afford it - I just did what my instructor showed/told me and it worked out... most of the time. I guess it's a good idea to do a flight if you can though - plus it's awesome fun Hope this helps mate!

- Just my opinion though - I'd be interested to hear what other people have to say as well, anyone else?

Jimmy

Last edited by Jimmy Recard; 14th Sep 2010 at 02:12.