PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOURNEMOUTH - 2
Thread: BOURNEMOUTH - 2
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2010, 21:24
stevehiggi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why RIP BOH?

I have been a reader of these forums for a long time and never thought to register. Well know I have. My question to you is why RIP BOH? If I was given the choice of flying from any UK regional it would be BOH.

They have the ability to handle any type of aircraft. I believe recenntly there was a Corsair 747-400 doing a military charter. How many of those (747-400) do you see at the other airports close to BOH? SOU? Now thats a laugh. cant handle much bigger than a 757 as I'm led to believe. BOH has loads of potential that hasn't been realized yet.

As for the likes of FR having a recess over the winter period. Well, I think I would blame that on the downturn. The same also as Palmair. Wasn't that voted the worlds best small airline or something like that? How many of those has SOU got?

I just hope that the ''Ruperts'' at BOH can attract something over these months. I also have a theory that BOH could have a regular TATL route probably once or twice a week seeing as Continental pulled out of BRS. I think there must PAX from the Southwest that would use it.