PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2010, 19:49
paarmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyman is a glass half empty person and sees problems and conspiracy theories where they do not exist.
It is disparaging to all " bucket and spade " passengers to dismiss them as not worth bothering about which seems to come across in his comments. If I am wrong on this then I apologise in advance.
"Bucket and spade " flights are where small regional airports started and it is where they should place themselves in the market nowadays.Just look at who has been a stalwart of Teesside aviation and who are operating a very strong winter operation from Teesside , Thomson. Where are the Locos and Regional Carriers? Counting their money and not assisting in any way with Teesside's recovery.
"Bucket and spade " passengers are the airport operator's dream. Wodges of cash before departure and willing to pay for ice creams for the kids, a pint for dad and perfume, sunglasses and a book for mother. Bring them on.
As an aside VAS are "experts" at running an airport and not closing it down as hinted at in an earlier post.They have only been in post for a few weeks and I think they should be given a chance before you start sniping at their progress.