PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "No - really - I wasn't chopped - honestly!"
Old 13th Sep 2010, 17:49
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
During Harvard training in the RCAF we had quite a few make large fatal dents in the ground, after a spate of these my instructor and I were debriefing after a flight when I mentioned that quite a few guys had quit and gone back to civy street and how they must really miss farming/teaching/ working at the familly store ect, my instructor looked at me and said words to the effect,"Your doing fine with you flying but sometimes I think your as dumb as a friggin post! They have quit because they are **** scared you bloody mooron!" This was my introduction to the "twitch" Due to a background of working in a hospital autopsy room as a kid I was the guy who had to do most of the IDs on these guys if there was enough left so it came as a total shock to me that they would quit what was to me the best time of my life. On a different note, if one reads the bios of many of the aces, some had problems in training but turned out to be the best of the best, this includes many ex US Army Air Corps types who joined the RCAF/RAF, later transfered back to the USAAC and became senior comanders, go figure!