PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A-320 Pws/windshear
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2010, 17:25
bio161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,
I have been looking in the FCOM and actually itīs not so clear.
What i can understand, but i may be wrong, is that in the FCOM1 1.22.40 P6 in the chapter "WINDSHEAR DETECTION FUNCTION" says that this function is provided between 1300 feet and 50 feet on LDG with at least CONF1.

Despite of this on the FCTM 1.34.60 in the section "WEATHERADAR" says that the predictive windshear is activated below 2300feet and displayed on the ND if below 1500 feet.

So, as far as i understand, below 1300 feet you have the actual warning "WINDSHEAR" allerting you are in the middle of a microburst or something like this. Instead from 2300 feet to 1500 feet you have only the aural predictive windshear function which alerts you of "WINDSHEAR AHEAD", from 1500 feet below you will get it as well on the ND and below 1300 feet you will get the FD orders in case of windshear encounter.

I think that these altitudes reflects the theory that in case of a downdraft the air spreads apart only at low level close to the GND and not in the middle of the air with no surface which phisically diverts the wind. But i wonder then about temperature inversions windshears...

I think thatīs the difference..Hope it can help somehow!