PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ezy cancel flights due to crew shortage
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2002, 12:12
Rufrix Heavywash

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The self righteous arrogance of many of the EJ pilots (Steve Moody etc) on this forum leads me to conclude that many of them have very short memories. Only 4 years ago EJ would literally take anyone they could get and consequently got what they deserved. I know of 2 guys who left us to join EJ at that time – both were F/Os who had been assessed by our company as “unsuitable for command” – one for “attitude problems” and the other for simple incompetence. Although neither had any command time, they joined EJ as direct entry captains. These are the same sort of guys that now preach on this forum (and I suspect on the EJ selection panel) about “quality pilots”, “the orange culture” and the fact that “easyJet can pick and choose”. I wonder how far they would get if they applied now?.

Might I suggest that anyone going for an EJ interview takes the opportunity to ask the question -

“Tell me captain, what exactly is your background?”.

I doubt you will get an honest answer but it might help stem the arrogance coming out of this outfit if the “quality” of the very pilots conducting the interviews, sim checks and training was put under the spotlight.

Last edited by Rufrix Heavywash; 11th Aug 2002 at 15:00.