PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (current Airline Staff Only)
Old 13th Sep 2010, 11:44
JUAN TRIPP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My personal reply to Dave3

My apologies to all especially the Mod who understandably wanted this dropped, but I've been away for a few days and feel that some very strong comments have been made by Dave3 that I'd like to reply to.

I vowed never to post on this forum after reading some of the rants on some of the threads.
However I feel that after reading some of vile comments posted on PPRuNe re the rememberence yesterday at Kempton Park of the crew and Passengers who died in the Manchester Airtours crash I feel some facts need to be posted.
Juan for your information many crew who still work on WW and EF worked out of Manchester for many years. some of those crew worked at British Airtours before British Airtours emalgimated with British Airways in 1986.
Some of us crew worked with the Crew who tragicly lost their lives in the British Airtours crash.. some of us crew kept intouch with the surviving crew and continued to carry many of the surviving passengers on our flights out of Manchester.
I was at Kempton Yesterday (from your previous posts re standing at the back and making a vid of the meeting you could have been their too)
The members attending brought Yellow flowers in rememberence of ALL the CREW & PASSENGERS who died on that tragic day.
The flowers were beautifull and the ninutes silence was very fitting for these brave souls. This year marks the 25th anniversary of that very sad day. A service was held some weeks ago in the Gardens at manchester Airport and surviving members and relatives were all present. A tree and a memorial has been placed in the garden.
I was also on the bus that took the flowers up to Manchester where they were placed at the memorial in the Garden at Mancheter Airport. A little prayer was said for ALL.
The colour Yellow was chosen as a sign of peace (lost on some I now read).. however the colour yellow was chosen.. no big science.. not chosen to upset anyone.. just simply a sign of peace.

Juan how anyone could take anything other than a peaceful rememberence of lost friends collegues and passangers as anything more than that is very upsetting. Your vile comments have upset many crew who knew and worked with those crew members.
You and others realy need to stop and think before you print.
I cant imagine for one moment you are crew.. I could never believe that I would work along side anyone with such hatred in their heart..
it is beyond me that anyone could take anything bad out of the rememberence yesterday. On that note I would like to thank all the members at Kempton who kindly donated such beautifull flowers in such hard times.. You are an insperation and thank you the memorial looked beautifull last night..
Firstly I am crew and do not have hatred in my heart. Hatred to me is a very strong word and even with the word hate, I make a real effort NOT to use it, as I personally find it overused in many situations.

Quite simply Dave3, I'm aware of the history here. I clearly remember watching the news in the Middle East on that fateful day in 1985.

I think its great that crew and pax from that day keep in touch, and that other crew from the MAN base help in this regard. I truly mean it. I also think it lovely that there was the memorial day several weeks ago ( I'm not clear whether you and others attended or it was a private day for the relatives and survivours).

However from then on,this FOR ME is where it gets tricky. PERSONALLY if I had been running this from a Bassa point of view, I would have sent a subtle message out via text perhaps, saying that we are meeting on this date, at this time, and ANYONE who wants to attend can do so. A wreath, some flowers etc, would be laid at the memorial along with appropriate prayers said. Something on those lines - quiet, unassuming and dignified.

What Bassa decided IN MY OPINION was pretty much the opposite. I wont go into detail as its already been discussed for too long, but to LINK an 'industrial action' meeting to the accident was DELIBERATE and TOTALLY INAPPROPRATE. It was all done for maximum publicity and effect using the colour yellow to link the dispute to the accident. It's so typically DH.

Finally as for my VILE comments upsetting other crew, sorry but thats not how I see it. Actually on the contrary, I am MYSELF extremely upset about how this all was conducted.

Apologies to all for bringing this up again.

P.S. Not to be pedantic, but as this was a history lesson, FYI British Airtours ceased operations when BCal and British AIRWAYS merged in April 1988. The charter operation was started up again at the same time by newly formed Caledonian Airways.

Last edited by JUAN TRIPP; 13th Sep 2010 at 11:58.