PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2010, 09:15
Bokkenrijder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
captainbirdseye9999, sorry to hear your sad story. Unfortunately there is no shortcut to both 1) a quick command on a shiny jet and 2) a career airline where you are well treated and can work happily until retirement. Except for a few exceptions (small yet stable niche airlines) these two are mutually exclusive. For anyone thinking about it: escaping to Emirates (or Etihad, Qatar etc) will not change that, you'd just be even further away from home, treated like sh!t, yet with 4 stripes on a shiny (wide body) jet. On top of that, if a lot of RYR people do not feel at home in Southern Europe, why would they feel at home in the Middle East?

Callsign Kilo:
You know, I laugh when people exclaim on here that we should all grow some backbone and stand up to management.
I'm actually quite shocked by such a cynical statement. It reminds me of some (religious?) fatalist nutcases who never put up a fight, yet resign to the fact that some higher power is in charge of their fate. Is that how the average FR pilot would also handle an double engine failure (New York...Hudson...) by exclaiming: "we're doomed, I have no backbone, I give up?" I seriously doubt it. I believe that when the pressure get's big enough then people can and will do extraordinary things, even in Ryanair. Obviously the abuse and pressure is not great enough yet at RYR...

By avoiding the pressure (escape to the Middle East) people will only buy one a little bit of extra time, but sooner or later pilots in the Middle East will also experience similar stories like those of captainbirdseye9999...