PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK how much $$ are you saving while working there?
Old 13th Sep 2010, 02:42
Flyer1015

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey 747, regarding this:

Well, this is off the thread topic, so I apologies, but anyone considering EK with time less than 30 tonnes had better reconsider. There are many of us stuck on the airbus fleet flying **** rosters with 0 career progression because they magically pulled a 55 tonne weight requirement out of their ass about a year and half ago to transfer to the 380 and for upgrade, and now we are stuck with no where to go. So whether or not RJ time will get you in the door or not, that changes daily. What I can tell you is those in upper management have no respect for you if you flew a "small" jet and will f... you at every turn. On the other hand, things are constantly changing here, so my hopes are up, but my resumes are also going out in 6 months when the 3 year training bond is up if things haven't changed. As for the original thread topic, what you need to take out of all the posts is that how much you save really depends on you, and how you want to live. As I said before, you can save way more than you ever could at a regional in the US, but just bare in mind that Dubai is alot more expensive than most people realize at first glance.
What is the 55 ton rule? Sorry for ignorance, and lack of looking up, but you currently being on the A330, surely is at least 55 tons?