PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - First 'official' PPL lesson!
View Single Post
Old 11th Aug 2002, 08:41
TheKentishFledgling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking First 'official' PPL lesson!

I'm still on a high from my first "official" PPL lesson at Manston yesterday

The TAFs were all wrong, and there was actually very little cloud below 10,000'....perfect for a first lesson!

At the club the CFI and my instructor had a look through my log at the passenger flying I've done (about 40 hours) and decided that we'd whiz through the first few exercises (effects of controls and straight and level) and see how it went.

So after a thorough briefing we made our way out to G-BHED, a C152 Aerobat, and gave it a thorough walkaround. I then started her up and Kevin taxyed off the grass onto the main taxyway and I took control. Down to the hold, power checks complete, and Kev asked "do you wanna try the take off?"! Silly question really

The take off different from what I thought it would be like, but we got airborne safely, climbed away to the north and started the exercises.

An hour later we returned to Manston having completely exercises 1,2,3,4,5 and 6

I was completley knackered after the lesson - it's a lot harder than sitting in the right hand seat making a few turns now and then

The thought of soloing at the moment is completely terrifying - is this a good thing?!

Next lesson Thursday - can't wait! I'm hoping for equally good wx

tKF