PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helmets in offshore ops?
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2010, 21:38
2papabravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeez ,no wonder you're a 'sweater'.

We're all free to say what we like so you keep doing it.

It would be nice, if clear data and evidence existed, that if helmets provided increased safety/comfort benefits, we could choose to wear them. Whether paid for by ourselves, or provided by the company - I don't really care. At the moment, the mere notion of wearing them seems to kick up so much stink and I can't understand why.

I don't support a blanket requirement either - but demolishing the idea of personal choice with sensationalist arguments about helicopters dropping out of the sky during ARAs and passengers gripped with fear is simply crazy. You've made up your opinion you don't like them...that's ok...but I'm still open to the idea as others are it seems.

I stuck my sunglasses on the other day...raybans with wire frame...even this thin frame destroyed the seal on my earcup and increased the background noise. At that precise moment I thought how nice it would be to simply stick my visor down had I been allowed to wear a helmet...especially as I had to do several approaches with the sun behind the rig.

I say again my first opinion on this subject - clear, independent data on the matter would be helpful...