PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2010, 20:24
captainbirdseye9999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How Ryanair ruined my life.

So here’s my story, and also why not to join possibly the worlds worst airline, all these points have been covered before, but ill give you an inside perspective.
I’ve always wanted to fly; I put my finances on the line just to get my licence. When I got a job with Ryan air, it was amazing, the jet, the logging of hours in my log book etc. id say I was on an ok number in my uk base, then the time came for command upgrade, 4 years in the company, 2 sick days, no no shows and an unblemished flying record, id kept my head down. I jumped at the chance of a command, thinking, if they move me, it cant be that bad, 12 months…what the hell so I did it, passed everything and got based abroad. At first it was great,sunshine,2 or 3 flights a day back home. But then after a while things just got s**t couldn’t get home enough on my 5/3 roster, my fiancée; love of my life couldn’t handle it and left. My pay rise, all of a sudden became the same take home as before, euros to pounds, mortgage in the uk and rental property abroad to live on my 5 days work. Also why am I getting 10% less than every other captain for doing exactly the same job?that grated on me as well! But still I go to work, save fuel, fly safely…why, because I think of myself as a professional and don’t want to let my FO or myself down. Yeah a great place to go on holiday, but to live and work here…no thanks…even the local cabin crew look at us with disgust. Why are you in our country…etc? The last couple of days I had a personal issue back home, and this is when it finally hit home, after trying crewing a number of times (no answer) finally get through to someone, they bark at me, and hang up the phone. No adhoc leave available…. so I find myself, head in hands, a grown man close to breakdown because this shower of s**t company has done this to me. I’ve never hated my job so much! knowing that guys straight direct entry out of other airlines get priority over bases before people that have worked up from the bottom makes me sick! Im here, they are where I want to be, life would have been so much simpler if I had just stayed an FO,5/4 and the same money, if only I could turn back time.
I’m looking, and when something comes up im off! And this s**t outfit can rot in hell; I just pray to god they don’t take any innocent people with them!!

Oh, and apparently its going to take 3 years to get back to my base……WTF!!