PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help! Son wants to be a pilot.
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2010, 11:45
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
RTFQ yourself ... the woman is making references to things like "the modular route" and wishing to avoid "a mountain of debt" and "having to pay for more training just to get a job". Now excuse me for thinking that little Johny might be researching civilian as opposed to military options, since last I heard HM forces still weren't charging for their training.

And with regard to corporate flying, yes strangely enough I've heard of it, since my wife used to fly corporate for a living until the kids came along. I can't see how that makes my advice with regard to a 15-year-old looking into professional licence training, any less relevant. It's exactly the same licence is it not. In fact, if the travelling public don't like to see spotty fresh-out-of-flying-school 18 year olds flying their airliners, the millionaires of this world like it even less when they're flying their Gulfstreams and Citations. It's typically a career path that gets pursued once a bit of experience has been gained in other areas as you are no doubt already aware.

Last edited by Luke SkyToddler; 12th Sep 2010 at 11:58.