PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RFDS Western Operations
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2010, 10:22
Wally Mk2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"S8" as i alluded to in my above post support for a new airframe type alone would be a huge headache for any operator. No one operates the 'Pig' down under or anywhere near the place as far as I know so having support in this region would take a huge monetary effort by some agent, an agent where only a hand full would be bought, well at first if ever anyway.
As for the RFDS making their own decisions for each section's types that's been the case for some time now & in more recent times due in part because of commercial contracts only twins for the SE Section at 3 bases.
I'd love to ride a 'pig' (careful you sick dudes) but they would be a waste where the sun shines first.

Time will tell whether a new airframe will be selected for Aero Med Ops here in Oz but it won't be any time soon, am sure of that.

'DwD' that's a good point, fences keep the roos in:-) Just think of the carnage if a flock of gala's (not pilots) hit the canard of a 'Pig' upon ledg, instant cubby house for the kids of the aero-club at the airport

Wmk2