PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How many Canadians find Pprune their choice to communicate?
Old 12th Sep 2010, 04:52
Big Pistons Forever

Received 135 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuck Ellsworth
The lack of respect for older pilots shown by so many on the Canadian site is mindboggling.

Judging from some of their comments us older pilots have done something very wrong by getting old.

Obviously they have yet to figure out that maybe we got old because we actually do know how to fly and make good decisions.

There was a time when I wanted to start a one person training business using my Cub to teach stick and rudder skills to the younger generation, however that desire has pretty well gone as being old is to much of a negative and I would have been wasting my time.

So screw it I will just fly it for my own pleasure.

One day I was at the airport and a couple of pilots flying a B1900 were looking at the PBY that is parked in Nanaimo and I got to talking to them. During the conversation I asked them if their company ever needed part time pilots on the 1900.

The guy with the four gold bars on his shoulders asked me why I was asking so I said maybe I would consided some part time flying.

He looked at me as if I were an untouchable and asked me if I had any turbine time.

So I asked him if he meant fixed or rotary wing?

He got even more arrogant and said what kind of a fixed wing turbine airplane did I last fly, so I said a B 767 and asked him how much time he had on one.

His F.O. almost pissed his pants trying to keep from laughing and the gold braided hero just walked away and never answered my question.
I see we are back to the Chuck "let me tell you how studendous I was and and how stupid the other guy was" posts. Well I am sure Chuck, and a few others, will be happy because this Canadian pilots' interest in using the pprune Canada forum to communicate anything...... is now officially zero.