PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2010, 22:21
Colonel White

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42psi
Personally I'll be surprised if BA haven't been meticulous about both the process and the sanctions applied.

You are probably right, although with almost 20% of the current reps suspended or sacked, if yo believe what is stated elsewhere, then although the process followed may be 100%, the actual decisions and subsequent sanctions do appear to be dispropotionaly harsh. No doubt all will be made clear at some time in the future.
Hard to tell if the decisions and sanctions have been OTT. The only way that anyone will find out is if the dismissed individual goes to a tribunal, in which case it all comes out.

The union bunch are claiming that some of the sackings have been for trivial offences. The snag with that is that BA would be damned foolish if they provided Unite with any hint that they had been less than scrupulously fair. Given the degree of care the company has exercised so far in doing nothing that gives Unite any possible legal lever, I can't believe that they would make a mistake now. I'm not saying that BA is whiter than white, just that based on their track record in handling this dispute so far, I think it unlikely that they have made any errors.