PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thick passenger comments
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2010, 20:11
lucavigg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The kind of people that just want to cause trouble

Years and years ago, I used to work alternating day and night shifts in a large computer room. After a long night shift, my wife and I flew to Tenerife the following morning. I was sitting by the window, my wife in the middle seat and a woman passenger in a pink shell suit in the aisle seat. She obviously had a bee in her bonnet about not getting a window seat.

After a while waiting on the ground to depart, I pulled down the blind and fell asleep. Evidently the woman turned to my wife and said "Would you ask your husband to lift the blind as I want to see the Alps", She opened the blind and peered out the window, turned back to the woman and said "Nope! No Alps yet. Only Crawley".

She then reached into the seatback pocket and showed the woman the intended route in the magazine, which took us too far west to get any view of the Alps!

This same woman, later during the flight, when confronted by a CC pushing the trolley down the aisle clearly only stocked with cold drinks and snacks took a long hard look at what was on the trolley when she was asked what she would like and asked for the one thing that she probably knew they would not have. Hot chocolate!