PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weight and balance?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2010, 19:24
Peter Fanelli

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
About me... ATPL Captain, with 18years experience working in Helicopter Offshore operations... so, yes, I understand the legalities of W&B, Manifests and the complexities of CofG calculations... which is why I find it so difficult to accept any of your explanations as... and I will say it again... I was overwing and asked to move three rows. So I doubt this was a request from the flight deck as moving one person 3 metres would have achieved next to nothing.
Then stop being such a richardhead. Of course the actual effect on the airframe of moving you is minimal, but you should be able to figure out that the paperwork has to show a correct load plan within the limits prior to departure. The reason you have to actually move on the aircraft is so that if the aircraft crashes they don't find your smouldering corpse strapped into a seat which would have put the CofG outside the limits.

And by the way, you might have been sitting over the wings at the wing root, but those wings are swept, good chance the CofG is aft of the wing root. It's not as simple as your helicopter where the CofG is going to be pretty close to right under the jesus nut.

About me...
Loadplanner...
Certified by
ProAir B737-300/-400
Air Aruba DC-9 MD80 MD90
Air Jamaica A320, A321, MD83
World Airways DC-10, MD11
Frontier B737-200/-300 A318 A319
Ghana Airways DC-10
Aer Lingus A330-200/-300
Mexicana A320
Kittyhawk B727F B737F