PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Astreaus Cadet Group - Reality vs. Expectations....
Old 11th Aug 2002, 00:35
featherman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just saw this post......so I'll put down a few thoughts regarding the questions raised.....

On a day-to-day basis the job still holds great excitement for me. Although I am constantly reminded of how much there is to learn on each flight and what a humbling experience it cam be when the pressure is put on. It is a steep curve as there is so much to take in especially flying in and around the London TMA. Things can get pretty intense.

The best place so far for me is Tel Aviv. Did a three night stopover...great beach, great bars and great night life.....!!

Don't have a worse place really. Night trips can be tough. It's really a preparation game...Sleep before and right attitude to get though the trip. I try to get as much out of the flights at this early stage so as to keep on top of things.

Flying the NG is a delight. It's a marvelous aircraft. The 300 is great as well although a little different to handle. If pushed for a choice between the two then the NG gets the vote!