PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2010, 13:04
Kernow 101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry couldnīt resist keeping it 'off topic' a while longer.

Maverick 777...........was interested by your post so did a quick check on your history.....haaaahaaaaaahaaaa you made my day mate

Amazing what a few years at RYR will do to your level of cynicism...

Get back in your hole....you were raping the system long before us matey....

quote;
Hi guys,

I recently sat the simcheck & interview at EMA and i was successful.
Its clear that all of you who have replied to this thread are pi**ed off with your experience or shocked at the reports from first hand guys/ladies.

All i can say is that its been almost a year since i finished my initial basic pilot training. I have scraped and scrounged and begged at the door of every single airline website, HR department, recrutiment agency, and any measily damn contact i can possibly find in this tight-ass aviation industry and eventually i worked my b*lls off to get a shot at a ryanair simcheck and interview.

There are THOUSANDS of guys and girls out there who would ravage and scavenge and adore a chance to work for flybe, BMI, BMI regional, BACitiexpress, EasyJet, AerLingus, British Airways, CityJet, Monarch, First Choice, etc etc you name the airline. The bottom line is there is VERY LITTLE or nothing out there. Only a select few receive a positive feedback from an on-line app form but even then the waiting times are enormous and as each day passes your licences and hours dwindle and dwindle into expiry.

My secret is that i have now an opportunity to get on with my aviation career - all be it - with an employer who will pay me nothing and inflict unacceptable waiting times upon me (i mean end of type rating to line training) - BUT i will think long-term! Thats my way of looking at it. I will suffer the burden of the financial bottom-less pit for a few years - but in the long term i know it will pay off. I will get a "Next Generation" 737 type rating, EFIS experience, work the maximum 100 per month and 900hours per year and my logbook will start to fill up again - with the best experience. I will also fly to small airports with non-precision approaches in the middle of nowhere aswell as the big ones like STN.

I'm almost 29 now and by the time i'm 33/34 i will have 3,000 to 4000 plus hours and will be able to take my experience ANYWHERE in the world as long as i have the right to work there.

Its an absolute BITCH but its a start. The "bank of Dad and Mum" is a lost cause - it's daily strife to 'keep-the-show-on-the-road' - but we will find a way. I have struggled to get this far.....AM I GONNA GIVE UP? No!!!!!

Just stick at it guys - keep talking and researching - but make sure its to someone WHO ACTAULLY WORKS for Ryanair and not a bad-mouthing outsider.

Good luck to you all in 2006 and keep the faith.
MAVERICK777