PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde Paris crash, questions, facts, opinions
Old 10th Sep 2010, 21:04
ChristiaanJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robert f jones
Despite the denial of obviously a well intentioned ChristianJ you have the whole episode in a nutshell. The final nail in the coffin was the Flight Engineer shutting down an engine without instruction from the Captain. My teaching by very experienced trainers over many years was never stop an engine on fire, if it's producing thrust, below 1000 feet agl.
You clearly missed my point totally.....

This was not a case of an engine fire as such (and you learned your lesson well... you always think twice before shutting down an engine).

The aircraft itself was already on fire, scattering bits and pieces all over the landscape before it crashed.
If the engine had not been shut down, the aircraft might have flown another half-mile....
Even if it could have reached Le Bourget, it could not have "landed", with a fire already raging in one of the wheelwells.

Robert, like 'Cargo Clown', you make the major mistake of confusing the causes, that started the chain of events, with the various factors that determined the exact sequence until the crash.
To be crude... those factors only determined where the final fireball occurred, not why.

Is there a result from the judicial review due anytime ?
I'd have to look it up, but IIRC the final verdict is due in December 2010.

CJ