PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC145
Thread: EC145
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2010, 14:59
otter712

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I might be wrong, If i am, I apologize for giving you grief, but please, then tell me how to interpret this one ( I tried to insert a picture of the page but can't figure it out, I will type it instead):

Page 04-32, Eurocopter EC145 (BK117-C2) training manual states (word for word):

Redundancy provision:

The hydraulics power system is a dual system. It has two identical pressure supply systems, system 1 and system 2, that operate independently. Under normal operating conditions both pressure supply systems simultaneously generate the entire pressure for boosting the main rotor controls. System 2 in addition boosts the tail rotor controls. If one of the pressure supply systems fails, the remaining system continues to supply the main rotor actuators. This causes the operating force of the mechano-hydraulically operated main rotor actuators to decrease to half.

Now I am not an engineer, just a pilot and my knowledge is from what I read. How am I reading this wrong?

I hear what you say about the BK, quote:

One of the systems (system1) is the MAIN system the other system (system 2) is the STANDBY system. Under normal operating conditions ONLY the MAIN system functions as the (controls) booster. If there is any malfunction within the MAIN system, it will be immediately cutoff and the standby system will be actuated automatically.

But I assure you, and I just read the damned chapter 3 times and this is non existing or no mentioning regarding a MAIN and STANDBY function of any of the systems in the EC145 manual.

I will email you a scanned copy of chapter 4 if you pm me your email address. I don't mind being wrong, it's all part of "learning", but I sure as hell want to know where I am going wrong if so the case... otherwise all this was a waste of energy.