PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - hero at 30000ft
Thread: hero at 30000ft
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2010, 14:20
Monkey Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Monkey boy, can't agree. You're right about the focus perhaps not being right with regards to aviation technicalities however I still have no idea how you can have taken that programme seriously!
Simple answer - We were involved very closely with the production company and know exactly what went on. That's how I can take it seriously.

A lot went on behind the scenes which wasn't broadcast. What would be the point of going to all that expense and effort if it was just a set up? The same result could've been achieved on a much smaller budget if it was fake.

Also, from Derren Brown's blog:

"The challenge for us was fitting everything into a seventy-minute show. The changes were manifold and there was much more story to tell. What you see is obviously very trimmed and edited and squashed into the time allotment. Reading the flurry on Tw1tter last night there was clearly a small percentage people who just refused to accept any of it, which is shame but of course completely inevitable. Some insisted Matt and Liv had to be actors. It’s impossible to please everyone, but I can certainly assure anyone questioning that sort of thing that I don’t use actors in that way, and it would be stupid to do so, as I’d have to find, kill or silence all their friends, families and acquaintances too. "