PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Go around!
Thread: Go around!
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2010, 07:15
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
Prompted me to think about how many times I have experienced one and come up with 9 , two low vis missed approaches to Atlanta-do they count, others at LHR, Nairobi, JFK ,AMS ,BDA -2, ARN .

Only one abit scary and thatwas into Bermuda but any regular traveller there will know that very strong sw winds and a runway oriented nw-se mean a lot of 'interesting' approaches. That was quite violent manouver and at night too so no reassuring clues form the view out. In general all executed smoothly and great demonstrations of the performance of a large airliner when it isnt carrying tons and tons of fuel.

Only one RTO and that wasnt reallya 'proper' one as barely started rolling at LGW when engines cut and very rapid exit onto adjoining taxiway /holding area as a 737 seemingly landing on top of our 777 disappeared into the clouds. That did frighten me a bit in terms of what could have happened but I suspect the lander was higher than it looked and had broken off approach a bit earlier than it appeared to have as well.
PB