PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK staff "travel"
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2010, 06:48
pool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back in the old days there was no big cargo alotment on EUR flights as they used mainly Airbuses. Introducing the T7 the cargo capacity increased dramatically. At the same time EK retired the cargo A310 which served a lot of EUR destinations and the cargo demand shrinked. Now that it is picking up again the T7's get loaded with the increased demand. That is where a lot of payload restriction hits us ID travelers. EK boasts themselves as beeing the industry leaders in revenue management. Well, it seems that frozen fish and it's accompaning dry ice spills in more revenue than the refused standby employees in C and F. Guess what, i honestly think this is not possibly the case, but the fish is already on board..... so we get denied boarding. The system simply shows payload restriction. The dispatcher at the aircraft gets the final load some 25 minutes before ETD, which is generally too late to accomodate the standby passengers. I regularly leave with some 300 to 1200kg underload and denied standby passengers. I am sure this process could be improved, but there is a blatant lack of motivation to do so.

Understandable, but very low respect shown for employees. Why am i not surprised.