PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CMC Flying School-Kenya
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2010, 05:22
Robert kenney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Lady flyer,
Trust me I know how you feel. Slow system and flying schools not being bothered. It is the same here in Aus. I stated my lessons in 1985 and I still find myself waiting for regulators and operators alike to to things. I know it can be very (I love these little face things)
My best advice to you is to stick with it. If you training institution isn't helping you (unless they are the only place in town) you are not forced to train with them and if they don't realise that you are the one paying their wages - look for some one who will help you. And when that day does come when the examiner congratulates you for passing your flight test it is all worth it. I remember the day I got mine and it was the proudest day of my life.
And then when I stared working a it dawned on me that I was getting paid to fly, well that was one of those "wow" moments.
Stick with it it is worth it.
I am not sure what the scene is like over there but have you considered South Africa? I know it is a bit pricey but I have heard good things about the training there. And I have flown with some one who did train there and he was very good (that could have been a reflection on his previuos proffesional back ground mind you).
Keep going with it.