PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Virgin Blue Share Price - how low can it go and for how long?
Old 10th Sep 2010, 02:26
airtags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
denabol - eng is correct Voz not VBH and dare I say it I agree, Godfrey did dosome good things...however....
the Godfrey profit claims (there were many and varied)) were based on all those largely non reportable off balance sheet liabilities that Borghetti to his credit acknowledged when he stepped onto the field. That's also sound management that the market will ultimately back.

It's a tough call by the ACCC today re the Tasman tie up - not a decision that I entirely agree with but I do think the consolidation of VB and a move away from nowhere-land marketing and the fragmented brand entities will be good for the business.

Less of the Bransonesque fluff and back to business tuff if you like! - once the reactive sell down from today pulls up, the view will over time get back to EBIT & ROI performance markers. Under Borghetti I tend to think the group will be been seen in a more positive mode.

The pressure from the ever present bilateral auction is building up momentum and the last thing we need is a local weak/vulnerable RPT aviation sector as our pollies are not smart enough to preclude aviation from the bi-lateral agreements. (Beware paricularly the proposed Mid East agreements that carry the fuel/carbon flag that is like chocolate to governments). For this reason alone I hope Borghetti racks up a few runs wih the market.

The biggest risk to every Driver, CC, or Eng is that which we all have in common - those pirate agreements that send our jobs offshore & bugger everyone's T&C's.
AT