PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ezy cancel flights due to crew shortage
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2002, 16:16
Few Cloudy

ex-Tanker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's a little story that might fit here -

Five years ago I was accepted by easy but also by a foreign carrier. I took the foreign job - let down #1.

Two years later I re-applied to easy and , following a re-interview, was re-accepted. At the same time I had what appeared to be a good offer from another company, which would have enabled me to live at home. Again I sent a letter of apology to easy - let down #2.

Two weeks later, having found out that the "good offer"from the other company was full of worms, I re-applied, tail between legs, to easy, fully expecting a curt answer. The result was a course "starting next monday" and a three year span with easy.

I found that the training and pilots were as least as good as those I had encountered in an 8 year RAF, 25 year Swissair and 3 year career with later companies. They were very good to me when I had a health problem and I felt goodwill towards them in return.

That's just one man's story and there are of course some very different ones. Work there was always hard and personnel matters were not the best on a daily basis - that's what happens in an expanding airline and is to be expected. I hope that the problems will be surmounted and that the show will be back on the road before acrimony spoils things completely.