PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Heathrow Inbounds descending over the top of London City outbounds
Old 9th Sep 2010, 18:18
HEATHROW DIRECTOR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slip and turn... And your aviation background is, please? It would help the professionals on here if contributors would indicate their background a little. Then we know whether to enter a serious discussion or not. For the record, I'm Brendan McCartney, retired Heathrow (and other places) ATCO with 31 years experience working in the LTMA. I know some people prefer to remain anonymous but some indication of professional aviation involvement would be useful. Tnx.

No matter what procedures are introduced, someone is going to make an error one day.. We are all human, after all. During my time at Heathrow I saw many, many new procedures and revisions to existing ones introduced to enhance safety. I know that the ATC procedures have recently been revised to offer further protection to traffic landing at Heathrow and departing LCY but you cannot legislate for every eventuality. In the end, it's down to humans to follow the instructions...