PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pax tried to halt 777 take-off after taxiing error
Old 9th Sep 2010, 15:51
CaptAirProx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slickster,

Thanks for that. Well perhaps this is something BA should look into. With my operator we encourage interaction with the staff the other side of the door no matter that they have been told 'seats for take-off'. Clearly after this point it has to be pretty signifcant in their opinion.

If I got a 'ding' just setting the power up or not long after, I would stop. If it was close to V1 . . . hmmmm leave that to consider,when it actually happens. (obvious noises/vibrations/smells/indications would affect this)

Infact I hear of a medium turboprop operator that had to go around because a local pax kept telling the cabin crew it was the wrong island they were landing at . . . . she gave in eventually and called the flightdeck. . . . they went around and flew to the correct one!

411A has a point with regard to BA, however his apparent attitude and 'modus operandi' appears to suggest that he would dis-approve of interference from such people. Unless I have miss-interpreted his posts. But hey, I recognise I am human and we all interpret personal behaviour differently.

So 411A can we perhaps agree that BA like all operators have something to learn from each other, and maybe you therefore, have something to learn to???