PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2010, 12:57
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Spare a thought too for some of us crew at LHR that came to work. It is not all as black and white as some posters like to paint.

We are all being tarred with the same brush. I too, like Jetset Lady, long for the day when mentioning you are Brithish Airways cabin crew does not mean you the have to talk about the strike and explain that you didn't strike.

There is a perception hear that Gatwick = Good and Heathrow = Bad and that is not true. Just because some very misguided crew chose to strike does not mean that all crew at LHR are not good. Many crew are very dedicated at both LHR and LGW (strikers and non-strikers alike).

Unfortunately a minority led by a nutty union is getting alot of press and quite frankly ruinning it for crew at both airports. Lucky for you crew at Gatwick because you are not right in the middle of it, working with strikers and non-strikers mixed up together. I can tell you it is very hard at LHR right now whether you striked or did not strike. I just pray it does get sorted out soon.

Please rest assured that the majority of passengers have a great experience when flying out of either airport and regularily I get passengers saying to me, that they thought from all the press that their flight might have been bad but in fact it was great and give me a big thank you as they get off. Then I feel better about things and remember that, that's why I love my job so much.