PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions II
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2010, 12:21
jetset lady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the operation at London Gatwick is BA all but a uniform. The operation there is made up of remnants of buy outs and mergers and the contracts that the crew operate on have always been different to those at Heathrow.
If only that were true. Then we wouldn't get bogged down by every little drama/tantrum that happens up the road and I could change my job title back from "Cabin Crew But I Didn't Strike" to plain old Cabin Crew! I wouldn't have to fear that any CV I sent out would be rejected purely for having the words BA and cabin crew in the same sentence and we might even end up being run by people that care about and understand the LGW operation and mixed flying. To be honest, having people that actually remember we exist for something other than strike breaking would be a bonus right now! (This in no way a criticism of the LGW managers. They do a great job in difficult circumstances and continually fight our corner but when it comes to the big stuff, their hands are tied.)

Before anyone jumps on me, I am perfectly aware that without the LHR operation we would probably not exist in any form at all but I can dream....