PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biennial Flight Reviews (BFR's)
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2010, 11:50
PA39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I usually have a discussion with the pilot on how current he is with the latest procedures, and of course how long since he has been in the saddle. I always plan the review on a short navex. If he or she is not up speed on to how to obtain the latest wx, notams, wt/bal endurance etc etc then i show them how it is done, interpreted and understood. We then plan our trip. I watch and help if necessary. We then lodge a flight plan and depart on our trip. On the way out i observe his/her aircraft and fuel management and ensure they are relaxed, comfortable and enjoying the experience. On reaching our destination I will have a few c/l with a short field landing, missed approach and flapless. On departure i will simulate an EFATO and on the way home ask for a demonstration of a clean and dirty stall, and spiral dive recovery. IF they goof up....well we go through what they are lacking until they've got it right. In the circuit at home i may or may not simulate radio failure with possible smoke/cabin fire.

Always remember it is a REVIEW and NOT a test.

Good luck mate....you'll be fine.