PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sitting Next to Fatty
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2002, 14:20
ijp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sitting Next to Fatty

THE PREVIOUS TOPIC ON THIS SUBJECT SEEMS TO HAVE BEEN LOST, PERHAPS IT SHOULD BE DISCUSSED FUTHER

Consider this point of view.
An air carrier certificate is a priviledge that is granted, after application, to provide transportation to the public. For which he can charge a fee for that transportation and it is in the public interest for this service, so the government provides support to the airline, i.e. navagation aids, govt oversight, ATC, ect. Now, this transportation provided is a seat on an airplane. So, if the person is too large for the seat should he (or she) be penalised ? No ! It is the aircarriers responsibility to provide transportation to the public, and like it are not that fat person is a member of the public. If he are she should be made to pay more, then fine, but refund to me the money that I overpaid as I weigh less than the mean average. My kids paid full fair when teens, and they weighed far less than the average grown man, so where is my refund. As for sitting next to a fat person, don't get mad at him, complain that the airline did not provide you with enough room for your needs. Perhaps you should buy an extra seat so you won't have this problem Maybe the fat a.. did not like sitting next
to you due to smell, or some other offensive problem that you might have. One seat, one price policy perhaps should be changed.
The people complaining obviously are sitting in the back, improve your station in life, so you can sit in the front.