PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China ATS delays
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2010, 11:34
PBY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Generally speaking, I agree with most of the posts on this forum. But what concerns flying low, I find Chinese pilots actually prefer to fly very low as they view it as much healthier. This is, of course, valid for domestic carriers, because in long haul you would probably not make it to your destination. They don't seem to care about fuel consumption, as they are not pushed by airlines to save fuel, as is the case in western airlines. Very often it is impossible to save any fuel due to ATC. There seem to be a plenty of money to burn. But I have quite often witnessed guys refusing higher levels and staying happily 8 levels below. I seem to be the only one I know (ha,ha), who constantly tries to get higher level. It is true, that quite often higher level is not available. But I am trying to make the point, that Chinese domestic pilots most of the time don't try to get higher level. They will even blame it on being too heavy to climb to a level lets say around 350 (not exact in meters) when they fly A320 or B737