PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2010, 11:28
404 Titan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
herrtob

ps for anyone reading this, this is a free market and i have no problem with their program aimed to reduce costs (in fact i'm in the pool). supply and demand, you have your terms the companies have theirs, you either take it or leave it, some of us love it and put our head in.
The only problem with that is that the company is now attacking existing CX pilots T&C regarding housing.

Also unknown to you or any other international cadet is from the latest round of negotiations between the AOA and the company regarding housing for cadets it was made very clear by the company that they have absolutely no intention of paying any housing to any international cadet or direct entry pilots employed since the introduction of the “Racial Discrimination Ordinance” by the Hong Kong SAR government in 2009. The company wasn’t even forthcoming with the pay scales the new international cadets will be on when they start to arrive in Hong Kong at the end of this year after completing their 62 week training course in Adelaide. I can just imagine the faces of these cadets when they arrive in Hong Kong and are told that they are now on “C” scale salaries rather than the “B” scale they were promised. Not even I thought the company would stoop to such lows but unfortunately it would appear that is exactly what the company is planning. No housing and now possibly “C” scales salaries. If some of you thought it would be tight with no housing, it has possibly just got even tighter.

Before anyone says I am talking BS here are a couple of the extracts from the AOA newsletter on the 6th Sept 2010:

The Company has already made the first moves to expand the CEP program. We have written to the Company asking for information on the terms and conditions that these pilots will be placed on when they finish their training. We are still awaiting a reply.

Make no mistake, management is on course to introduce C Scale by expanding the CEP program and reducing the terms of future DEPs. The Association must be determined in its support of our CEPs and future DEPs.

If we permit the Company to reduce the terms of new recruits, current DEPs will quickly become the “A scale” of tomorrow.
Back in 1999 management forced "A" scale pilots to take a substantial pay cut or face losing their jobs.

So my question to you is what will you do when you are here and the company forces you to accept "D" or "E" scales? Afterall the company has a history of doing this exact thing.