PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 7
Thread: Ryanair - 7
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2010, 11:09
jpthomas72

All I hope is that the 1p flights make a glorious return !
Something comes to my mind when you say this: At HHN, which is now owned by the regional government of Rheinland-Pfalz after Fraport bailed out, it's well known the regional government is effectively paying 5 Euros per passenger in subsidies to keep it running (3 million passengers resulting in 15 million loss per year). But on the other hand the federal government in Berlin collects 8 Euros per flight now. Which effectively means the 5 Euros move straight from Mainz to Berlin. For the FR forum, this is maybe not too off-topic: the HHN-FRA-Frankfurt city shuttle bus was 'demoted' to go to FRA T2 which is awkward to drive in and out with the big bus, drivers are quite vocal about this (costs them 10min all in all). Punishment from Fraport, and surely very welcome by LH. I'm one of the rare profiteers of this as BE and BA go from FRA T2. I use FRA mostly as FR have cut MAN and BHX from HHN, of course. Rumours for years FRA would get an EZY base when the new runway is open, so FRA and HHN would become proper enemies. We're not getting excited though either EZY or FR will open many new routes in Germany now of course, due to the tax.
BTW, if HHN users read this: To connect to trains, consider the Mainz or Mannheim shuttle buses, as it can now be a 30min hassle to get from the HHN shuttle at FRA to the trains (which leave FRA T1-ish).