PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A lot of pilots leaving the forums
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2010, 22:47
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the thread topic, it would be interesting to have IO540 point to what he regards as vintage quality threads here and elsewhere, compared to the fare he is seeing on the forums today. If he could talk PPRuNe or Flyer into publishing figures on forum activity, even better -
It is only PPRUNE who will have the stats on how busy the forums are today compared with previous years?

Yes the same topics rear their heads! Some generate a lot of passion. I have a sneaking suspicion that some of us post on purpose to generate
controversy and hence discussion, I know I do
Then leave it to the really knowledgable people here to fill the cracks.

Some post a lot and with such frequency day and night that it makes you wonder on their backgrounds. Real commercial pilots filling time in hotels, Single Pilots filling time. Pilots with a lot of downtime. Pilots logging in at their place of work???

I can remember being heavely involved in MS flight sim forums years back and marvelling at one Pilot? whos knowledge was immense and who spoke with such authority. He turned out to be a 12 year old with an expertise in googling and pasting.

We never really know who is at the other end.

I have met a handful for real one who has become a good friend and drinking/girl ogling partner in London and who has flown as a co pilot with me in corporate jets.
Maybe we should meet each other more and put a face to the elaborate names used.

Maybe PPRUNE should expand not just as a forum but as a representative to fight the causes we hold so dear.

PPRUNE is already used by the media to get insights into aviation events from the ones who know THE PILOTS.
Its a shame those views cannot be fought through the correct channels as expressed in pprune through pprune rather than dying in the threads.

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 8th Sep 2010 at 23:05.