PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A lot of pilots leaving the forums
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2010, 20:12
JEM60

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I ate, slept and breathed aeroplanes from the first time I saw one close to. I lived on the Welsh border, with only sheep for company. I longed to learn to fly. I looked up every time I heard one. Then I moved near to RAF Halton. The first thing I saw when getting off the bus was a T.21 Sedbergh glider. I had never seen a glider!!. Off to join the ATC, 3 years later, I was flying that same glider!! XN150 I believe. Loads of flying in various aircraft. Eventually had my own business, learnt to fly having previously been a sky diver. Gave up after 200 hours. It was taking me away from my young family for too long. End of my piloting.
My enthusiasm, for aircraft, however, never once wavered, not even to this day. I travelled the world to Airshows, Museums etc. Duxford is almost my second home. My wife said if you can't beat aeroplane people, you might as well join them, and she now works at Duxford on Show days. For me, once an aeroplane person, always an aeroplane person. It has so far been a great journey. I've loved it and aeroplane peoples' company so much, not to mention other passions like sunshine, motor racing, pretty women......................